Bank of the Philippine Islands or BPI is a universal bank based in Manila, the Philippines. Established in 1851, this is known as the first bank in Southeast Asia. Currently, BPI is the most profitable and 4th largest bank in the country in terms of assets.
The credit card service by the BPI enables users to make quick and easy payments whenever they go. But before using, you have to register and activate your new card.
Keep reading our guide to learn a few common methods to activate your credit card from the BPI.
How to activate your credit card from the BPI online
If you have a digital device and access to the Internet, then online activation is the quickest way. Here are several simple steps to activate your credit card from the BIP online:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the BPI at www.bpi.com.ph
Step 2: Click on “Log In” on the top right corner.
Step 3: Click on “Register Now”.
Step 4: Follow the provided instructions on the screen to create a new username and account for your BPI account.
Step 5: Back to the log in page and use the registered information to log in your new BPI account.
Step 6: On the dashboard, click on “Card Activation”.
Step 7: From the list of options, choose “Enroll a BPI credit card”.
Step 8: Provide your customer number, card type, last 8 digits of your card number, and 3 digits of the CVC.
Step 9: Click on “Submit” to complete the activation process.
How to activate your credit card from the BPI through the phone number
Another option to activate your credit card from the BPI is through the phone number. Follow these simple steps to get everything done:
Step 1: Call the BPI customer care service at 1 – 800 – 188 – 89100.
Step 2: Ask the BPI staff for card activation services.
Step 3: Follow the provided instructions of the BPI staff and provide some information about you.
Step 4: Provide your card information and other related details.
Step 5: Wait for a couple of seconds until the BPI staff tells that your credit card has been successfully activated.
How to activate a credit card from the BPI at an ATM
You can also activate your credit card at an ATM of the BPI. Here are all that you need to do:
Step 1: Visit the nearest ATM of the BPI in your area.
Step 2: Insert your BPI credit card into the ATM.
Step 3: Choose your preferred language.
Step 4: Enter the details and password of your credit card.
Step 5: Choose “Card Activation”
Step 6: Enter the 3-digit CVV number.
Step 7: Choose “Activate” and then wait a couple of seconds until your card is successfully activated.
What do you need to prepare to apply for your credit card at the BPI?
Before you send your application for a new credit card to the BPI, make sure to prepare the following documents:
– Proof of ID, such as voter’s ID, passport, GSIS/SSS ID, postal ID, driver’s license, TIN/BIR ID, company ID
– Proof of income
– Work permit (for Non-Filipino residents)
– Insurance license
– Authorization form
– Photocopy of your last credit card and the latest card statements of your credit card
Make sure to send all of these documents to the BPI within 3 days after your online application. Otherwise, your application would be canceled.
The additional information you need to know
Here are a few additional details that you need to know before registering your credit card at the BPI:
– All applicants for a credit card at the BPI must be from 21 to 60 years of age.
– You need to have a residence or business contact number.
– You should submit an application form that is filled out completely.
– If you want an authorized person to receive the credit card for you, then you must give him or her the authorization form for card delivery at the time of receiving.
– Below are the minimum fixed incomes each month that you need to prove, excluding service fees, commissions, and overtime:
- BPI Platinum Visa Card and BPI Platinum SkyMiles Mastercard: 80,000 P
- Self-employed: 30,000 P
- Overseas workers: 30,000 P
- BPI Gold Mastercard: 40,000 P