CIBC stands for the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, which is among the largest banks in Canada. Based in Toronto, it is operating 3 main business units, including capital market, commercial banking, and small business and personal banking. The bank has up to 40,000 employees and branches in Europe, Asia, the Caribbean, and the US.
The CIBC credit card is one of the services by this bank that allows businesses, students, and travelers to make quick payments with ease.
Keep reading our guide to learn how to activate and use the credit card issued by the CIBC.
Online guide to activate the credit card by CIBC
The simplest way to activate your credit card issued by the CIC is via your phone with the internet connection. Here are a few simple steps to follow:
Step 1: Visit the official site of CIBC at www.cibc.com.
Step 2: If you haven’t had a CIBC account yet, then choose “Register” and follow the on-screen instructions to create one.
Step 3: After creating a CIBC account successfully, navigate to the login page and use your card number and registered password to sign on.
Step 4: On the top part, choose “Credit cards”, then “Activate”.
Step 5: Enter your credit card number and PIN, then choose “Activate”.
Wait for several seconds before you get the message that announces your successful activation.
How to activate the credit card by CIBC via phone line
Another way to activate your credit card issued by CIBC is to call the customer care service by following these steps:
Step 1: Call the CIBC customer care service at 1 – 800 – 465 – 4653 (for the US and Canada) or 514 861 4653 (for other countries).
Step 2: Request the activation service.
Step 3: Follow the instructions of the CIBC representative to provide your credit card information.
Step 4: Provide your personal information and other requested ones.
Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes before your credit card is activated successfully.
Featured credit cards by CIBC
– CIBC VISA Aventura infinite card: $120 in annual fee, 19.99% interest rate for purchases and 22.99% interest rate for cash, up to $750 earn in travel value
– CIBC VISA Dividend card: $99 in annual fee, 19.99% interest rate for purchases and 22.99% interest rate for cash, 5% cash back for spending $3000
– CIBC VISA Aventura card: $0 in annual fee, 19.99% interest rate for purchases and 22.99% interest rate for cash, 6000 bonus points
Benefits of the CIBC credit card
– Track every activity in your CIBC account.
– Enhance security and prevent frauds.
– Make quick payments and online transactions anywhere in the world.
– Withdraw and access your money conveniently and quickly at a lot of ATMs in many countries without additional costs.
– Quick to transfer money to a personal bank account.
– Collect bonus points and get your cash back or discounts on purchases.