Located in Copenhagen, Denmark, Danske Bank is the largest bank in the country. Also, this is a major banking firm in Northern Europe with more than 5 million customers. Currently, it is operating many local banks in Ireland and the Nordic Region.
The card service provided by Danske Bank is a popular option for clients to make cashless payments in thousands of stores all over the world. But before using the card, you have to activate it through either eBanking or the phone.
Keep reading this guide to learn how to activate your new card at Danske Bank.
How to activate your new card from Danske Bank by eBanking
The first option to activate your new card from Danske Bank is to use eBanking. Below are some simple steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the Danskebank’s personal services at danskebank.dk/en/personal
Step 2: Click on “Tools” and choose “Online Banking”.
Step 3: Click on “Log in” and choose “EBanking”.
Step 4: Enter the “User ID” and “Password”.
Step 5: On the main dashboard, click on “Card Activation”.
Step 6: Choose the card option that you want to activate.
Step 7: Enter the information of your Danske card.
Step 8: Click on “Activate” to complete the process. Now you can use your card to make a payment and enjoy other benefits.
How to activate your new card from Danske Bank through the phone
Another simple and quick option is to call the customer service of Danske Bank. Here is all that you need to do:
Step 1: Call the customer service of Danske Bank at +45 70 123 456.
Step 2: Ask the staff of the Danske Bank for the card activation service.
Step 3: Provide your personal information as requested by the staff.
Step 4: Provide the number of your Danske card as requested by the staff.
Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes before the Danske staff announce that your card has been successfully activated.
Card options at Danske Bank that you need to know
Currently, Danske Bank offers both credit and debit cards. A credit card enables you to have extra money at all times, whereas a debit card can be linked to a personal bank account. All of them are safe and easy to use for contactless payments. Below are some basic card options that you can choose at Danske Bank. Read carefully and choose a suitable one for your needs:
– Mastercard Basis: Used for travel and daily shopping, optional travel insurance, at least DKK 10,000 credit, interest-free credit.
– Mastercard Direct: Used for balance control, optional travel insurance, no credit, as well as no balance control.
– Mastercard Guld: Used for travel and daily shopping, Europe travel insurance, pay for purchases later or now, at least DKK 50,000 credit, as well as interest-free credit in up to 6 weeks.
– Mastercard Platin: Used for frequent travelers, pay for purchases later or now, worldwide travel insurance, at least DKK 50,000 credit, as well as interest-free credit in up to 6 weeks.
– Visa / Dankort: This is the most widely used card in Denmark, used for daily shopping, no travel insurance, pay for purchases immediately as well as no credit.