HSBC is an international financial and banking services firm based in London. It is the largest bank in Europe and the seventh largest bank in the world. As of 2018, the total assets of the company were approximately $2500 trillion.
The HSBC credit card provides many benefits to ensure safe and secure payments. When you get your new card, it is necessary to sign its back and activate it before using.
There are two simple methods to activate your new credit card by HSBC. Keep reading to learn some useful tips about the activation process.
Guide to activate the credit card online
If you have a computer or smartphone and internet connection, then online activation might be the simplest way. Here are a few simple steps to activate your credit card online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of HSBC at www.hsbc.co.uk.
Step 2: Choose “Log on” on to the top right corner.
Step 3: If you haven’t registered an HSBC account, then choose “Register now” and follow instructions to set up a new account.
Step 4: Use your registered username and password to log into your HSBC account.
Step 5: Once you have logged in, choose “Activate your card”.
Step 6: Follow the provided instructions on the screen to activate your credit card.
Guide to activate your credit card at HSBC through the phone
Another simple and quick way to activate your credit card is to call the automated line, which is available 24/7. Here are a few simple steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Call the HSBC automated line at 0800 3281 370.
Step 2: Listen and choose the channel for card activation.
Step 3: Provide your date of birth and card number.
Step 4: After around 60 seconds, the representative will announce that your credit card is successfully activated.
Types of credit cards at HSBC
- There are many credit card options to choose from at HSBC. These include:
- Advanced card: £1,200 credit limit and 21.9% APR
- Purchase plus card: £1,200 credit limit and 22.9% APR
- Classic card: £1,000 credit limit and 29.9% APR
- Premier card: £1,200 credit limit and 18.9% APR
- Premier World Elite card: £1,200 credit limit and 59.3% APR
- Student card: £500 credit limit and 18.9% APR
Benefits of using a credit card issued by HSBC
- After activating the credit card at HSBC, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- No or little annual fee, depending on the type of card
- Zero interest on purchase for the first few months from opening
- Get cash back and instant discounts from the favorite shopping brands all over the world
- Collect reward points and redeem flyer miles or shopping vouchers
- Make quick and easy payments all over the world
- Enjoy the high credit limit to finance your personal activities
- Manage your account online easily to make payments, stay in control, and check the card balance
- Add your family members or partners to the account so that they can use your account