Malayan Banking Berhad or Maybank is a universal bank based in Malaysia. It mainly operates in Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, and Malaysia. This is the most valuable banking brand in Malaysia and 5th in ASEAN. As of 2018, Maybank had more than 2,400 offices and branches in 20 countries with approximately 45,000 employees.
Maybank provides clients with many debit card options that fit different lifestyle. Registration and activation are simple and can be done in many ways.
In this guide, we will show you three simple methods to activate the debit card issued by the Maybank.
How to activate a debit card issued by the Maybank via an SMS
The first and simplest way to activate a debit card issued by the Maybank is via an SMS. Here are a few simple steps to follow:
Step 1: Open the SMS application in your phone
Step 2: Prepare an SMS in the following format:
– For clients with 2FA token: CDTN <16-digit card number> <DOB – DDMMYYYY> <OTP>
E.g. CDTN 1234567891234567 25031989 01234567
– For clients with 2FA SMS: CDAC <16-digit card number> <DOB-DDMMYYYY>
E.g. CDAC 1234567891234567 25031989
Step 3: Send the SMS to 79899
Step 4: After a few minutes, you will get an SMS from the Maybank that announces the successful activation of your debit card
Online guide to activate the debit card issued by the Maybank
If you have a smartphone and internet connection, then here are a few simple steps to activate your debit card online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Maybank at www.maybank2u.com.my
Step 2: Use the registered username and password to log in your Maybank account.
Step 3: Choose “Debit card”.
Step 4: Choose the debit card that you want to activate.
Step 5: Enter your debit card number and its 3-digit CVV number.
Step 6: Enter a few personal information, including name, birthday, address, email, and telephone number, then click “Activate” to finish the card activation.
How to activate the debit card issued by the Maybank via the phone
You could also activate the debit card issued by the Maybank through the phone. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Call the Maybank customer service at 1800 or 65 – 6533 – 5229 if you are living overseas.
Step 2: Ask for debit card activation.
Step 3: Follow the instructions to provide your debit card number and its CVV number.
Step 4: Provide your information as requested.
Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes before the representative announces that your card has been successfully activated.
Possible debit card options issued by the Maybank
You can choose from a variety of debit card options from the Maybank. These include:
– The Maybank Platinum ASPIRE Visa debit card
– The Maybank Visa Manchester United Debit
– The Maybank Visa FC Barcelona Debit
– The Maybank Debit Visa Picture Card
– The Maybank Visa Debit
– The Maybank Platinum MasterCard Debit
– The Maybank MyDebit Corporate Card
– The Maybank Platinum Debit Visa payWave
Benefits of using debit card issued by the Maybank
By registering and using the debit card issued by the Maybank, you can enjoy many benefits:
– Card spending tracker: You can track your card spending each month based on categories with pie charts for ease of understanding. This is important to understand your spending habits, thus saving your money for important things.
– Auto payment: Your card allows for automatic payments when they are due. This will ensure there are no more penalties, late payments, or queues. It is applied for a wide variety of merchants such as phone, TV, or electricity bills.
– Increase credit limit: With this feature, you can increase the limit of your credit, thus allowing for greater flexibility in finance.
– Credit care: You will be covered for any tragical events such as accidents, illnesses, or even death.
– Balance transfer program: This feature helps you save on transferring charges on other card balance. This means you can enjoy lower interest rates, longer repayment period, and extra cash.
– Secure online shopping: You can also enjoy the ultimate security and protection when shopping online with an MSOS code. This prevents the occurrence of any frauds or financial scams that might steal money from your card.