Santander or Banco Santander is a Spanish financial services firm and commercial bank based in Madrid. It is the 16th largest banking organization in the world with locations in all financial centers. In Europe, Santander is the 5th largest bank with around $1.4 trillion in total AUM.
Santander offers many card services for customers with great benefits and features. After registering, you need to activate your card to use it for transactions and payments.
In this guide, we will show you two simple ways to activate your new Santander card and a few important things to keep in mind.
How to activate your new Santander card online
Below are a few simple steps to help you activate your new Santander card online:
Step 1: Go to the official site of Santander at www.santander.com/en/home
Step 2: Click on “Online banking” on the top right corner.
Step 3: Choose your preferred language and country between Germany, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Spain.
Step 4: Click on “Log on” on the top right corner.
Step 5: If you have not had a Santander account, then click on “Sign up”.
Step 6: Click on “Continue”.
Step 6: Enter your personal information, including first name, last name, date of birth, and UK postcode. Click “Continue”.
Step 7: Follow the provided prompts to create a new personal or customer ID and a password.
Step 8: Back to the main site and log on to your online banking account.
Step 9: Click on “My details and settings”.
Step 10: Click on “Other services”.
Step 11: Choose the credit card or debit card that you want to activate.
Step 12: Enter the card number and choose “Activate”.
Step 13: Check your mobile phone for an OTP or one-time passcode and follow it to complete the activation process.
How to activate your new Santander card with the customer service
Another simple way to activate your new Santander card is to call the customer service. Below are a few simple steps that you need to do:
Step 1: Call the customer service of Santander at 0800 9 123 123.
Step 2: Ask the staff for the card activation service.
Step 3: Follow the instructions to provide your personal information.
Step 4: Follow the instructions to provide your card number.
Step 5: Wait a few minutes before the card is successfully activated.
Credit card options for Santander’s customers
Santander provides customers with many credit card options, which are different in features and benefits. Here are several common choices that you need to know:
– All-in-One credit card: 0.5 percent cash back on all purchases; 0 percent interest on purchases and balance transfers for 26 months from your account opening; free balance transfer; free foreign transaction; £3 account fee each month; £1,200 assumed credit limit; 15.9 percent purchase rate; 21.7 percent representative.
– Everyday credit card: 0 percent interest on purchases and balance transfers for 18 months from your account opening; free account fee each month; £1,200 assumed credit limit; 18.9 percent purchase rate; 18.9 percent representative.
– Zero credit card: 0 percent interest on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from your account opening; free foreign transaction on all purchases in local currencies; free account fee each month; £1,200 assumed credit limit; 18.9 percent purchase rate; 18.9 percent representative.
– World Elite Mastercard: £15 account fee each month; concierge service 24/7; free access to more than 1 million Wi-Fi hotspots and airport lounges in the world; cashback on daily purchases; free foreign transaction on all purchases in local currencies.
Important information that you need to know
Below are a few important things that you need to know before activating your new Santander card:
– To sign up for a mobile and online banking account at Santander, you need to prepare your mobile phone number as well as your banking/saving account or credit or debit card number.
– Most of the debit cards issued by Santander are often ready to use. However, you might have to use an ATM or purchase something with PIN or chip for contactless to begin working.
– Each card issued by Santander can have up to three additional cardholders.
– You can easily check the eligibility for card options on the online site of Santander.