Zipcar is a car-sharing firm based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It offers car reservation services to the members which can be billed by the minutes, hours, or days. A member might choose to pay an annual or monthly membership fee, along with charges for car reservations. Currently, Zipcar has more than 1 million members in hundreds of cities in different countries.
Before you can use the service of Zipcar, you will have to activate the Zipcard, which is literally the key to vehicles in your town and other countries.
Keep reading this guide to learn how to activate your new Zipcard.
How to activate your new Zipcar card online
The first option to activate your new Zipcar card to use the online platform. Below are some simple steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official site of Zipcar activation at www.zipcar.com/activatezipcard
Step 2: Scroll down and choose “Activate your Zipcard”.
Step 3: On the main dashboard, click on “Card Activation”.
Step 4: Enter the information about your new Zipcar card.
Step 5: Choose the features of the card that you want to activate.
Step 6: Click on “Activate” to complete the process. Now you can use your new card and enjoy many benefits.
How to activate your new Zipcar card through the Zipcar app
If you have a digital device and Internet connection, then you can download the Zipcar app and activate your new card by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Download and open the Zipcar app.
Step 2: Sign in with your username and password.
Step 3: Choose the “Drive” option in the top area, right next to “Reserve”.
Step 4: Choose “Play Around”.
Step 5: Select the horn symbol and unlock buttons to start activation for all of the features of your Zipcar card.
How to use a Zipcar card after activation
After activating your new Zipcar card, you can use it for approaching any Zipcar that you have reserved:
– Bring the Zipcard: Make sure to bring the card in every reservation. It is the key to lock and unlock all Zipcars.
– Unlock the vehicle: To unlock a car, hold the card against the reader. Hold it in several seconds until it unlocks.
– Do not take the keys: The keys of the car should stay inside. Always use the card to unlock or lock.
Simple rules to use a Zipcar card
Before hitting the road, here are some simple tips that you need to know about using your new Zipcard card:
– Report damages: Make sure to check the car and report any problems before starting.
– Keep the car clean: You need to take any personal belongings with you and recycle or throw away the trash.
– No smoking: You are not allowed to smoke even when the doors and windows are all open. Otherwise, you would be charged for a fee for the cleaning cost.
– Pets in the carriers: You should keep your pets in a carrier during the time.
– Be back on time: Do not leave the next person hanging. You need to be on time to avoid a late fee of $50. Use or text the Zipcard app if you want to extend the reservation.