The DC One Card is basically a consolidated credential that is designed to help seniors, adults, and children access to programs and facilities of DC government. These include the metro, libraries, recreation centers, and public schools. Also, it is a building access car for government employees.
You can apply for your own DC One Card at any service centers in DC or do in online. Both options have their pros and cons, so make sure to consider carefully.
In this guide, we will show you how to register your card online and other things you need to know before getting started.
Simple Steps to Apply for Your DC One Card Online
Step 1: Visit the official site of the DC One card application at idmsprdweb.dc.gov/enrollment.
Step 2: Enter your personal information, including name, birthday, social security number, phone, gender, and email address.
Step 3: Choose your type of card between SmarTrip-enabled and Standard, then choose “Next” on the bottom right corner.
Step 4: Provide your ID proof by taking a photo and uploading your ID, then choose “Next”.
Step 5: Follow the instructions on the screen to confirm your information and make a payment.
Step 6: Print the application form, then sign and upload the signed form to the site. Choose “Submit” to complete.
Eligibility Requirements for Registering a DC One Card
To apply for a DC One Card, you need to complete the online form and present at least one of your original proof of identity. These include ID card, driver’s license, passport, US military card, permanent resident card, or employment authorization card.
You will also be asked for proof of residency document to verify if you are eligible to get in-state privileges. Some original residency documents that you can provide include:
– Utility bills (cable, oil, electric, gas, and water) with address and name, issued within the last 45 days
– Bank statements with the current home address in DC
– Pay stub with DC taxes for the current year
– Unexpired rental agreement or lease with your name, issued within the last 1 year
– The property tax bill that is issued within the last year
– Card or letter from a court service certifying residence and name
– Current documents of financial assistance from the DC government within 45 days
Benefits of Using A DC One Card
By registering and using a DC One Card, you can get the following benefits:
– Enjoy logical and physical access to all government programs, resources, as well as facilities.
– Enhance convenience by removing the needs for multiple ID cards issued by the District.
– Provide quick access to transportation by integrating the Metro features into your card.
– Reduce the risks of misuse and fraud, lower costs, as well as minimize credentialing inefficiencies.
Keep in mind that you only need to pay for a one-time fee to acquire the DC One Card to enjoy all of these benefits.