Discover is the fourth largest credit card issuers in the US, after American Express, MasterCard, and Visa. The company was established in 1985 by Sears and has approximately 44 million cardholders in 2017. In 2005, Discover acquired Pulse, which allows it to issue ATM and debit cards.
Discover provides their clients with many simple ways to check and manage the credit card. Among these, the most effective way is to log in the online account. Instead of visiting a financial institution to make a payment or deposit or withdraw your money, you can open up your desktop or laptop and access your account within seconds.
How to Manage Your Discover Credit Card Online
Discover has devoted a lot of resources to create a user-friendly and intuitive website to help their clients manage the credit card account online easily. Here are 4 simple steps to check your Discover account:
- Visit the official site of Discover at www.discover.com
- If you don’t have an account, click on “Register Account” and follow instructions to create a new credit card account.
- Use your User ID and Password to log in the account.
- Once you’ve logged in, just choose the features you want to use to manage your credit card. These include checking the balance, checking your credit score, getting your cash back, or redeeming your rewards.
– You should not use personal information such as social security number, address, your birthday, pet or family names to register the account.
– You can close your credit card account by calling the support center. There will be no fee for closing.
– There is a variety of credit card programs, so make sure to choose the right types before you log in.
– You can activate the free alert feature which notifies you when your social security number is found on risky websites.