Based in Virginia, Navy Federal is a large credit union regulated by the National Credit Union Administration. It is currently the largest natural retail or member credit union in the country, both in the number of members and the size of assets. As of 2018, the company had approximately 8.4 million members and around $103 billions of asset.
The debit card issued by the Navy Federal allows cardholders to make simple and quick payments without withdrawing cash.
In the next sections, we will show you some helpful tips and steps to activate the debit card by the Navy Federal.
How to activate the debit card issued by the Navy Federal
You could follow these 8 simple steps to activate the debit card issued by the Navy Federal with an Internet connection and a digital device:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the Navy Federal at www.navyfederal.org.
Step 2: If you have not had a Navy Federal account, then choose “Sign up for online banking”.
Step 3: Follow the instructions provided on the screen to create a username and password.
Step 4: Use the registered username and password to sign in.
Step 5: Choose “Checks & Savings”, then select “Checking & Debit Card”.
Step 6: Choose “Card activation”.
Step 7: Enter the number of your credit card and the 3-digit CVV located on the back.
Step 8: Choose “Activate” and wait a few seconds until the screen gives you a successful announcement.
How to activate the debit card issued by the Navy Federal through the phone
You would also call the member services line of the Navy Federal to activate your new debit card. Here are a couple of steps that you need to know:
Step 1: Call the Navy Federal member services at 1 – 888 – 842 – 6328 or use the routing number at 256074974.
Step 2: Listen to the instructions of the representative and ask for debit card activation.
Step 3: Follow the instructions of the representative and provide your personal info.
Step 4: Provide your debit card info.
Step 5: Wait for a few minutes before you receive the announcement that the debit card has been activated successfully.
Benefits of using a debit card issued by the Navy Federal
Once you have registered and activated the debit card issued by the Navy Federal, there are a lot of benefits that you can enjoy. These include:
– Get money directly from the checking account.
– See a complete history of transactions online or on the mobile device.
– Protect against unauthorized purchases thanks to the Zero Liability policy.
– Accepted for use at millions of stores and locations all over the world.
– Easy to shop over the phone, at stores, or online.
– Access money quickly and for free at a lot of ATMs in the country.
– Use your PIN to get cash back quickly at many participating merchants.
– Simplify the shopping process both online and in-store.
– Chip cards with an embedded microchip for additional protection.