Paypal is a company which is operating in online payment services. It supports money transfers online and works as an electronic alternative to paper methods such as money orders and checks. Paypal so runs a payment processor for commercial users, auction sites, and online vendors.
The credit card by Paypal is a service which allows you to access your money directly from the balance or easily finance all of the daily purchases with different products.
This guide will show you how to activate your Paypal credit card after registering.
How to activate the credit card by Paypal online
If you have a digital device and internet connection, then it is easy to activate your credit card issued by Paypal online. Here are a few simple steps to follow:
Step 1: Visit the official website of Paypal at www.paypal.com/us/home.
Step 2: If you haven’t had a Paypal account yet, then choose “Sign Up” on the top right corner and follow the instructions to create a new account.
Step 3: Use the registered username and password to log in your Paypal account.
Step 4: In the main interface, choose “Settings”.
Step 5: Choose “Money, banks and cards” under the “Profile” section on the left part.
Step 6: Choose “Manage” which is located next to “Paypal credit card”.
Step 7: Choose the card you want to activate, then choose “Activate now”.
Step 8: Enter your personal information, then choose “Activate credit card”.
Now your card has been activated successfully.
How to activate the credit card by Paypal through customer care service
The quickest way to activate your credit card from Paypal is to call the customer care service. Here’s what you need to follow:
Step 1: Call the customer care service of Paypal at 1 – 800 – 314 -8298.
Step 2: Carefully listen to the instructions of the representative and ask for your activation services.
Step 3: Follow the provided instructions and provide your card information.
Step 4: Provide your personal info.
Step 5: Wait for a couple of seconds before your credit card is successfully activated.
Types of credit card offered by Paypal
There are three options you can choose when registering a credit card service by Paypal. These include:
- Cashback Mastercard: 2% cash back on all purchases, get cash rewards when using, redeem your cash rewards directly to the balance, no threshold for redemption, no annual fee, other benefits for Mastercard cardholders.
- Extras Mastercard: get points for all purchases, 3 points each $1 spent on restaurant and gas, 2 points each $1 spent on eBay and Paypal purchases, 1 point each $1 spent on Mastercard purchases, redeem points for cash back, travel vouchers, and gift cards.
- Paypal Credit: 6 months of promotion on purchases of more than $99, no interest, no card needed, easy access to your account, make quick credit decisions.
Benefits of using a credit card by Paypal
By registering and activating a credit card issued by Paypal, you can enjoy many benefits as follows:
- This card will allow you to shop online and in-stores anywhere Mastercard is accepted. These include more than 100,000 retailers such as 7-Eleven, CVS, and Walmart.
- You can withdraw your cash quickly at any ATMs worldwide, including more than 3300 locations of MoneyPass without additional cost.
- Transfer money to your personal bank account in a couple of minutes with a linked debit card.
- Track every activity on your account with the mobile app.
- The advanced Zero Liability Policy to help you shop with safety and confidence.
Advantages of the Paypal Mastercard credit card
- Extend the warranties: You can double the original warranty of the store brand or manufacturer for up to 1 year when you buy anything with a Mastercard.
- Price protection in 60 days: When you purchase a product with your Paypal Mastercard and the prices drop in 60 days, you might be reimbursed for this difference.
- Identity theft technology: You will receive ID theft alerts, ID Theft assistance, and credit card replacement when you are the victim of identity theft. There will be no extra cost.
- Microchip feature: The EMV chip feature makes shopping safer and more secure with chip-enabled terminals all over the world.