St. George Bank is a banking corporation based in Sydney, Australia. It mainly provides services in New South Wales, but its representation is quickly growing in many business segments and industries in Victoria, Western Australia, and Queensland. The bank is currently operating a large number of ATMs and retail branches in Australia and India.
If you are currently a cardholder at the St. George bank, you need to activate your card before using and enjoying its benefits.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to activate your new St. George bank card in different ways and some important things to know.
How to activate your new card at the St. George bank online
Online activation is the simplest way to get your St. George card ready for use. Below are a few simple steps to help you do this:
Step 1: Go to the official site of the St. George card activation at www.stgeorge.com.au/personal/credit-cards/manage/activate-card
Step 2: If you have not registered phone or internet banking at the St. George Bank, then click on “Register”.
Step 3: Follow the provided instructions to provide your card and personal information.
Step 4: Once you have registered, back to the main site of card activation.
Step 5: Click on “Activate”.
Step 6: Enter your card or access number, security number, and internet password.
Step 7: Click on “Log on”.
Step 8: Choose the card that you can to activate and click on “Continue”.
Step 9: Click on “Activate” to complete the activation process.
How to activate your new card at the St. George bank via the customer care number
Another way to activate your new card at the St. George bank is to make a direct call to the customer service. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Make a call to the customer service of the St. George bank at 13 33 30. This line is available 24/7.
Step 2: Ask for the activation service.
Step 3: Listen to the provided instructions and provide your card number.
Step 4: Provide your personal information as request.
Step 5: Wait for a couple of minutes before your card is successfully activated.
Main features of a St. George card
By registering and activating your St. George card, you can enjoy many benefits as follow:
– Your card will be locked temporarily in up to 15 days once it is misplaced, stolen, or lost. When you find it again, just unlock easily.
– You can get access to cash 24/7 at any ATM in the neighborhood.
– Make easy payments anywhere without the need for cash.
– Low annual and monthly fees compared to other card options.
Available card options at St. George Bank
Below are a few card options that are currently available at the St. George Bank:
– Vertigo Card: $55 annual fee, $500 minimum credit limit, 1 additional card, 13.99 % standard purchase rate, 21.49% cash advance rate.
– Vertigo Platinum Card: $49 annual fee for the first year and $99 later, $6000 minimum credit limit, 3 additional cards, 12.99 % standard purchase rate, 21.49% cash advance rate.
– Amplify Card: $79 annual fee, $500 minimum credit limit, 1 additional card, 19.74 % standard purchase rate, 21.49% cash advance rate.
– Amplify Platinum Card: $99 annual fee, $6000 minimum credit limit, 1 additional card, 19.74 % standard purchase rate, 21.49% cash advance rate.
– Amplify Signature Card: $179 annual fee, $15000 minimum credit limit, 1 additional card, 19.74 % standard purchase rate, 21.49% cash advance rate.
– No Annual Fee Card: $0 annual fee, $500 minimum credit limit, 3 additional cards, 20.74 % standard purchase rate, 21.49% cash advance rate.
Important things that you need to know
Below are a few important things that you should keep in mind when activating your new card at the St. George bank:
– You will have to register for mobile or internet banking first before activating your new card at the St. George bank.
– Before applying, it is important to compare all of the available credit cards at the St. George bank, including the fees and interest rates, to make the right choice.
– If you are a business banking online customer who does not have access to a personal mobile or internet banking, you can call the hotline at 1300 307 080 to activate your St. George card.