UOB stands for United Overseas Bank, which is a multinational banking company based in Singapore. It has more than 500 offices and branches in nearly 20 countries around the world, mostly in Southeast Asia. Based on the total assets, UOB is the 3rd largest bank in the region. Some services provided by UOB include corporate, commercial and private banking, personal financial, asset management, venture capital, and corporate finance.
The credit card service is one of the most popular offers provided by UOB with many great benefits and features for cardholders.
In this guide, we will show you how to activate the credit card of UOB.
How to activate the credit card of UOB online
The easiest and quickest method to activate a new credit card of UOB is to do it online as it only takes several minutes. Here are some simple steps that you need to follow:
Step 1: Go to the official site of UOB personal services at www.uob.com.sg/personal/index.page
Step 2: Click on “Cards” and choose “Card Usage”, then select “Card Activation”.
Step 3: Click on “Activate Now”.
Step 4: Enter the 15 or 16-digit number of your credit card.
Step 5: Enter the verification code and choose “Continue”.
Step 6: Update your phone number, then click on “Next”.
Step 7: After a few seconds, you will get an OTP or one-time password on your phone. Enter the OTP and click “Next”.
Step 8: Choose the credit card that you want to activate.
Step 9: Click on “Activate” to complete the process.
How to activate the credit card of UOB through the phone number
If you do not have an Internet connection, then another option to activate your credit card is to call the customer service of UOB. Here is all that you need to do:
Step 1: Call the 24-hour hotline of UOB at 1800 386 8188.
Step 2: Ask the UOB representative for the activation service.
Step 3: Provide your personal information as requested.
Step 4: Provide some details of your new credit card.
Step 5: Wait a couple of minutes before the representative accounts that your card has been activated successfully.
How to activate the credit card of UOB with the UOB Mighty App
The third option to activate your new credit card is to download and use the Mighty App of UOB. Below is all that you should do:
Step 1: Go to Google Play or App Store and download the UOB Mighty app.
Step 2: Open the app and log in your UOB account.
Step 3: Choose “Personal Services” and “Card Usage”, then select “Card Activation”.
Step 4: Enter the 15 or 16-digit of your credit card number.
Step 5: Update the phone number and click to get the OTP.
Step 6: Once you have received the OTP, enter and click “Activate” to complete.
Benefits and features of using a UOB credit card
With a new credit card at UOB, you can enjoy the following benefits and features:
- Get rebate and refund on many transactions, both online and offline, when you use your credit card to purchase.
- Save up your reward points and redeem great discounts or rewards from a wide range of participating restaurants, hotels, airlines, and different offers.
- Low fees and monthly interests.
- Complimentary travel insurance packages, depending on your selected credit card.
- Ensure great security and safety, especially when you lose your card.
- Easy to check your balance and other financial information to make an informed decision.
- There are a few dozens of credit card options for you to choose. This will ensure that you can select one that can meet your needs and preferences.
Other important things that you should know
Below are some useful tips and important information that you need to know before activating your new credit card at UOB:
- The activation process is a way of ensuring security before you can use the card for online or offline transactions.
- Make sure to have your phone beside as the process will require the entry of an OTP or a one-time password.
- Keep in mind to update the latest mobile phone before activating.
- PIN number of your credit card is needed for the activation.
- Credit card activation at the UOB will not be available from 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. (local time) every day due to system maintenance.